It is that time of the production process when everyone begins to worry. Year 10s have been off on work experience, Year 11s and 13s have exams, we haven't started building the set yet, not everyone knows their lines, we are eating too many biscuits.
It must be the annual Performing Arts Wobble.
It happens every year. I remember quite a bad case during Moon on a Stick when I considered leaving the country for somewhere hot, only to return after it was all over.
But the thing about the Wobble is that it is temporary, even necessary. We need the Wobble to remind us all of how much there is still to do. We need it to remind us how much we all want the show to be a success. We need it to be able to look back after the triumph that is the first night of the show and laugh at why were worried.
So if you see me around, furrowed brow, frantically sipping a cup of tea made by Julia, I am okay. I am not worrying.
I am wobbling. And that's okay.
Gillingham
Were gonna do fine Sir!!! Stop worrying... We could be better then the west end it self :D
ReplyDelete